Thursday 6 January 2011

Grunge Shoot

For my styling project our task was to set up a shoot, fully styled, planned and photographed ourselves. I researched into different subcultures and decided on 'Grunge', a fashion which started in the mid 80's early 90's mainly from the alternative Rock music that emerged in Seattle. Kurt Cobain and Nirvana started this style of looking very unkempt with long messy hair, dark colours, lots of layers, mix up of accessories and ripped thrift shop clothing. I looked at Grunge in fashion now and found Johnny Depp is the main example of it for mens fashion. So I set up this shoot with my brother styled from a mix of his, mine, my dads and charity shop clothing. I shot it outside the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge as I wanted to provide a contrast to the dingy clothes with the bright and beautiful architecture. As it is a museum I also wanted to portray a change in times. Looking at the modern version of 'Grunge'.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woow fierce!

Please e-mail me any comments or questions to: caroline@druitt.com